JOB POSTING: BC Alpine Assistant Coach
STATUS: Winter 2020/2021 with an opportunity to continue based on performance
Application Deadline: August 21, 2020
Starting Date: Fall 2020
Mission: To provide the foundation for the athletes to win at World Cup level
This position is about supporting the BC Ski Team athletes at an extremely high level. It is about being a team player, carrying the culture and working extremely hard to support the environment. We expect the candidate to be able to travel internationally, represent BCST at all events such as FIS races, Nor-Ams, National Championships, and European Cups.
This position reports directly to the Head Coach for all team direction and related issues. The successful applicant will also report to the Vice President and CEO of BC Alpine.
This is an extremely close working relationship with the entire staff of BC Alpine as well as BC Clubs, NSO teams and our entire membership. This will be explained in detail during the interview process.
Individual Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a good role model.
- Be a good team player.
- Ensure the welfare of the athletes in all situations.
- Maintain the set team culture.
- Be in charge of the ski tuning spaces, coordinate with and assist the athletes for all ski tuning needs.
- Aid in the execution of the summer dryland program.
- Work in conjunction with all BCST coaches to design, implement, and monitor annual training and competition plan.
- Oversee all maintenance and control of team equipment. Keep a spreadsheet with inventory, including dates purchased and status of each item.
- Aid in all on-snow duties (i.e. course preparation, course setting, and course maintenance)
- Record and share all required data and athlete tracking when necessary with partners (ACA and CSI)
- Monitor athletes’ equipment needs and share information with the Head Coach.
- Liaise with IST when necessary.
- Build and maintain all BC Alpine partnerships
Future Prospects and Recruitment:
- Keep an eye on all BC FIS racers in the system
- Provide leadership and current information to local FIS/U16 coaches
- Ensure proper technique is being delivered at the lower levels
- Be an excellent role model
- Share best practices with BC Alpine and its coaching community
- Team Working and personal impact
- Helping others to learn
- Communication and influencing
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- A high energy person with a passion for learning.
- Some FIS race experience preferred.
- PL Certification preferred.
- Good understanding of alpine ski racing Long Term Skier Development Model.
- Leadership and organizational skills with the ability to direct and manage multiple projects concurrently, while keeping to deadlines and maintaining attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Be a self-starter.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Canadian sport and ski racing system.
- Comprehensive understanding of Dartfish and Excel is an asset.
- Good knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, and controlling finances
- BC Driver’s License with an enviable driving record
- Clear current criminal background check will need to be produced.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume to both Nick Cooper and Johnny Crichton by August 21/2020. Thank you for your interest, an email conformation will be sent as soon as we receive your resume. Only those being interviewed will be contacted further.
Send resumes to:
Johnny Crichton, VP BC Alpine - Johnnyc@bcalpine.com
Nick Cooper, Head Coach BC Ski Team - email@example.com