JOB POSTING: BC Alpine Assistant Coach
STATUS: 2021/22 Season, with an opportunity to continue based on performance
Application Deadline: June 15, 2021
Starting Date: Summer 2021
Mission: To provide the foundation for the athletes to win at World Cup level
This position is about supporting the BC Ski Team athletes at an extremely high level. It is about being a team player, carrying the culture and working hard to support the training and racing environment. We expect the candidate to be able to travel internationally, represent BCST at all events such as FIS races, Nor-Ams, National Championships, and European Cups.
This position reports directly to the Head Coach for all team direction and related issues. The successful applicant will also report to the Vice President and CEO of BC Alpine.
This is a close working relationship with the entire staff of BC Alpine as well as BC Clubs, NSO teams and the entire BC Alpine membership. This will be explained in detail during the interview process.
Individual Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a good role model.
- Be a good team player.
- Ensure the welfare of the athletes in all situations.
- Maintain and develop the team culture.
- Aid in the execution of the summer dryland program.
- Work in conjunction with all BCST coaches to design, implement, and monitor annual training and competition plan.
- Aid in maintenance and control of team equipment.
- Aid in all on-snow duties (i.e. course preparation, course setting, and course maintenance)
- Build and maintain all BC Alpine partnerships
Future Prospects and Recruitment:
- Keep an eye on all BC FIS racers in the system
- Provide leadership and current information to BC FIS and U16 coaches
- Support the work to ensure technique is being delivered at the lower levels
- Be an excellent role model
- Share best practices with BC Alpine and its coaching community
- Team Working and personal impact
- Helping others to learn
- Communication and influencing
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- A high energy person with a passion for learning.
- Some FIS race experience preferred.
- PL Certification preferred.
- Good understanding of alpine ski racing Long Term Skier Development Model.
- Leadership and organizational skills with the ability to direct and manage multiple projects concurrently, while keeping to deadlines and maintaining attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Be a self-starter.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Canadian sport and ski racing system.
- Comprehensive understanding of Dartfish and Excel.
- Good knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, and controlling finances.
- BC Driver’s License with an enviable driving record
- Clear current criminal background check will need to be produced.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume to both Morgan Pridy and Johnny Crichton by June 15, 2021. Thank you for your interest, an email confirmation will be sent as soon as we receive your resume. Only those being interviewed will be contacted further.
Send resumes to:
Johnny Crichton, VP BC Alpine - Johnnyc@bcalpine.com
Morgan Pridy, Head Coach BC Ski Team - firstname.lastname@example.org